Friday, January 6, 2012

Having Been Warned in a Dream

Feliz Dia de los Reyes from Mexico City!

These guys (the 3 Kings) are some of my favorite characters.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe it's their mystical following of a celestial figure to right where they're supposed to be.  I like to think maybe it's like this past summer when I just knew I was supposed to embark on a solo bicycle journey to Nashville, TN.  Sometimes you just know.

But I'm sure these guys had plenty o' people saying, ¨Hunh? Why?¨ and ¨What are you doing?¨

Then, when it was time for them to set out on their mundane journey home, they actually paid attention to what they considered a significant dream, which as it turned out, altered history.

Sometimes I have dreams that offer clear, concise directions.  These dreams I take to heart and consider each time I come to an intersection.  Some dreams aer bigger than others (THE dream, for instance, that I've been carrying at the center of my heart for as long as I can remember; the dream around which I've oriented my life thus far), while other dreams pertain to smaller theaters in my life - a recent dream about a toilet, for example.

I just hope that have the courage to pursue the true route encouraged by such dreams, even in the face of the death penalty.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just following now, even though I read all your posts. I love your insights and how you always get me to think. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete