Friday, July 29, 2011

Work

It's official.  I'm ready for school to start.  I miss my students oh-so-much!  I've seen three of them in the last couple o' days, and it affirmed in me the joy I find spending time with these little people.


I feel so lucky, to have fallen into a job that blesses me everyday.  When I walk into my classroom, I feel calm.  When I see the children absorbed in their work, happily transferring pinto beans from one container to another, I feel happy.  I feel complete when a child spills her water on the floor and without hesitation or reminder, she fetches a clean cloth to wipe up the spill.  When a child's entire face: eyes, smile, rosy cheeks, lights up from putting together the sounds C-A-T to read the word "cat" for the first time or the fifth, my heart skips with joy.  And oh, the excitement, when we all remember that "Oh no! We can't have ten tens! Ten tens make 100 -- Let's exchange!!!!"


The first day of school is still more than a month away. But I'm excited.  Monday, I'm going into the classroom to clean, clean, clean. To reacquaint myself.  To prepare.


Dear children, I can't wait to discover the gifts we have in store for each other.


Sometimes in the warm weather, we work outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment