Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Lord's Prayer

Admittedly, I wander.  Usually when riding my bike I feel completely full of bliss and think to myself and sometimes say aloud (now that everybody's car windows are closed), "I feel so happy!"  Sometimes when I stop, when I stand still, I feel confused.  I want to go but I don't know which direction to turn, if at all.

I am so eager to arrive at a destination I am beginning to reconcile may be unknown, or not entirely known.  After a good chat with the 

I feel convicted.  I need to relax. I need to let beauty unfold before me, to allow beauty into my life.  I rode my bike hastily and purposefully through the city streets.  When I feel lost, I ride.  On long rides, I lose myself.  Only when I lose my current self do I feel the hope of incarnation.

It's nearly impossible to get lost on the streets of a city I intentionally make my home.  I found myself instead at a coffee shop, where I hoped to descend into a state of meditation.  Plugged in I perused previous blog entries and found a comment from my cousin Joe.  His voice urged Slower, more Present living.

Slow down.  Accept beauty.  Create space for the unknown.  Listen for the voice of conscience.

I walked away from my boss this afternoon, pointing toward my own head, "Shut up, Emily," I pleaded with myself.  Allow for beauty and live into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment